Thou angel of God who hast charge of me
From the fragrant Father of mercifulness,
The gentle encompassing of the Sacred Heart
To make round my soul-shrine this night,
Oh, round my soul-shrine this night.
- Ward from me every distress and danger,
- Encompass my course over the ocean of truth,
- I pray thee, place thy pure light before me,
- O bright beauteous angel on this very night
- Bright beauteous angel on this very night.
- Be Thyself the guiding star above me,
- Illume Thou to me every reef and shoal,
- Pilot my barque on the crest of the wave,
- To the restful haven of the waveless sea,
- Oh, the restful haven of the waveless sea.